Saturday, October 9, 2010

**PRODUCT REVIEW** [Cliniqe 3 Step Skincare #3]

CLINIQUE 3 STEP IN #3 FOR OILY/ COMBINATION SKIN

I am so upset about this!! I was in search of a good skin care system/ routine. I have oily skin, and although I had rare breakouts, I am getting older and starting to develop some acne occasionally. This was recommended to me, and since I use some Clinique makeup already, I thought I'd give it a try. The first week, I felt good about it. But after that I started breaking out... bad!!! I love the soap. I don't care for the smell, but I like how it leaves a little tingle, and there is no residue. But it does not completely remove the dirt and makeup, so I use my MAC makeup remover wipes, then lather my face with the bar. I don't like the toner smell either, although I'm a little bit of a masochist and like the tingle, I hate the smell! And the dramatically different, although the gel is good and doesn't leave me greasy, there is NO dramatic difference. I ran out of the regular size toner so I just bought a new and larger one. I have NEVER had breakouts this bad!! I have big, red zits on my forehead, especially all along the temples, and small little bumps from all over my face. I am pissed!! I went and bought the spot healing gel too, and although it dried it, it didn't make it disappear! In fact, I had to peal the scab to get rid of the pimple. But the big ones on my forehead remained. It's been over a month since I've been using this product. I saw my physician and got some ortho-trycycline, retin-a, and benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin cream. That has helped, but the texture of my skin is awful! I tried to convince myself to give it one more month, plus I didn't want to waste the Clinique since it's new and still plentiful. But if it's been over a month already of using the 3 step, and don't see much improvement, and new pimples are emerging, and the texture of my face is just getting worse... I don't think I can do this anymore. I was thinking of going back to Proactiv, but the second day of use, I already broke out with a zit on my chin. So I discontinued it. Do you think I should give it another try? I live on Guam, so we don't have Proactiv here, and I'd have to reorder another set if I'm done with this.. Any drugstore products you recommend?? I know Neutrogena has the 3 step as well, but Neutrogena leaves a yucky film on my face.. or atleast that's how I feel, and it dries my skin. Ugh.... I am going to go back to Cetaphil... =(


**UPDATE!!!**
I stopped using the Clinique system.. even the mild soap because it wasn't helping much. I really do miss the clean feeling of the soap though. I am back to Cetaphil and using the meds my doc gave me.. my face is recovering.. slowly but surely.. =\

No comments:

Post a Comment